Tuesday, May 01, 2007

FAV. ALBUM 2006 -- CRIPPLE CROW BY DEVENDRA BANHART

--FAVORITE MUSIC VIDEO FOR THE MOMENT

LONELY HEARTS
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2016295524

THE SONG IS PERFORMED BY JOAKIM. THE VIDEO IS DIRECTED BY CAMILLE HENROT.


--MY COMMENT IN BLACK FORESTS’ BLOG
http://blackforests.blogspot.com/2007/04/top-10-favourite-thai-albums-of-2006.html

I only know one artist in your list. It is KATSUE. I also like this band a lot.

I think now is the time that I should make a list of the albums I listened to in 2006. Mostly I listened to outdated silly pop albums, or pop albums released 5-15 years ago.


ALBUMS I LISTENED TO IN 2006
(The title of the album – my grade -- artist’s name –-- favorite songs in the album)


1.CRIPPLE CROW (2005, A+) – DEVENDRA BANHART
--I feel like a child
--Some people ride the wave
--Chinese children
This album is a gift from Tarence in the Screenout webboard.


2.THE BEST OF AZTEC CAMERA (1999, A+) – AZTEC CAMERA
--How men are
--Killermont Street
--Deep & Wide & Tall


3.THE NORTH STAR (A+) – RODDY FRAME
--Strings
--Hymn to grace


4.FOR KEEPS (A+) – THIN MICE
--Willow
This album is a gift from BIG
http://www.myspace.com/screwball_comedy


5.DANCE WITH ME (A+) – DEBELAH MORGAN
--I remember
--Think of you
--Fall in love again


6.THINGS TO MAKE AND DO (2000, A+) – MOLOKO
--Being is bewildering
--Dumb Inc
--Sing It Back (Boris Musical mix)
This album also wins MY MOST FAVORITE COVER DESIGN of 2006.


7.AND SO IT GOES…(2006, A+/A)--KATSUE
--Clear cut
--A Pickled Sunday


8.FACE UP (2001, A) – LISA STANSFIELD
--8-3-1
--Wish on me
--Didn’t I


9.AU REVE (A) – CASSIUS
--The Sound of violence (featuring Steve Edwards)
--Under the influence (featuring Leroy Burgess)


10.QUELQU’UN M’A DIT (2002, A) – CARLA BRUNI
--La Noyee
--Le Ciel dans une chambre
--Chanson Triste
This album is a gift from Black Forests
http://www.blackforests.blogspot.com


11.LOVERS ROCK (2000, A) – SADE
--Every word
--All about our love


12.DAYBREAKER (2002, A) – BETH ORTON
--Concrete sky
--Anywhere


13.CENTRAL RESERVATION (1999, A) – BETH ORTON
--Sweetest decline
--Central reservation


14.ELECTRO LOUNGE VOLUME TWO (2001, A) – VARIOUS ARTISTS
-Come on a my house/Hot Toddy (Rip-Off Artist Remix) by Julie London
--Hong Kong Cable Car (Slipper Remix) by Les Baxter and His Orchestra
--Quiet Village (Justin Robertson Revtone Remix) by Martin Denny


15.WHISPER A PRAYER (1993, A) – MICA PARIS
--Whisper a prayer
--Too far apart


16.FIRST CONTACT (2001, A-) – ROGER SANCHEZ
--Leavin’
--The Partee


17.HINDA (2006, A) – HINDA
http://www.myspace.com/hindahicks
--If you want me
--Who’s saying
--Truly
--You think you own me


18.I HEART SERGE: ELECTRONICA GAINSBOURG (2001, A) – VARIOUS ARTISTS
--Sea, sex & sun by Demon Ritchie
--Ballade of Melody Nelson by Howie B
--Marabout by Bob Sinclair


19.ROOTY (2001, A) – BASEMENT JAXX
--I want U
--Broken Dreams


20.FLOETIC (2002, A-) – FLOETRY
--Getting late
--If I was a bird
--Subliminal


21.ONE WISH (1998, A-) – DEBORAH COX
--I never knew
--One day you will
--Nobody’s Supposed to Be Here (Dance Mix)


22.RED HOT + RHAPSODY (1998, A-) – VARIOUS ARTISTS
--Nice work if you can make it by Majestic 12
--‘S Wonderful/Rhapsody in blue by Skylab


23.DIRTY HITS (2003, A-) – PRIMAL SCREAM
--(I’m gonna) Cry myself blind
--Swastika eyes


24.RESIST (2001, A-) – KOSHEEN
--(Slip & Slide) Suicide
--Resist


25.POP A PARIS VOL.5: S.O.S. MADEMOISELLES (A-) – VARIOUS ARTISTS
--Marie Douceur - Marie Colere by Marie Laforet
--Qui est “in” qui est “out” by Serge Gainsbourg
--Tut, tut, tut, tut, tut by Gillian Hills
--Les filles a papa by Chris Kersen
--Roller girl by Anna Karina


26.“76” (2003, A-) – ARMIN VAN BUUREN
--Stay (featuring Krezip)
--Yet another day (featuring Ray Wilson)


27.JUST A LITTLE MORE LOVE (2002, A-) – DAVID GUETTA
--Give me something
--Atomic food


28.FALLING FOR YOU (1996, A-) -- TONY DI BART
--Do It
--We got the love


29.SPIRITS (1996, A-) – Misato Watanabe
--Pain
--the eighth track in this album (The title of the song is written in Japanese.)


30.GENETIC WORLD (2001, A-) – TELEPOPMUSIK
--Dance Me
--Trishika


31.MOVIN’ MELODIES (1999, A-) – ATB
--Too much rain by United Deejays of Central America (ATB vs. Woody van Eyden mix)
--9 PM (Till I come) (Signum Mix)
--Don’t stop


32.BEYOND THESE THINGS (2003) – THEMROC
--All looks the same
--Yellow dog

I don’t know if the title of this band comes from the movie THEMROC (1973, Claude Faraldo) or not. As for a review of the movie THEMROC, you can read it from Elusive Lucidity’s blog here:
http://elusivelucidity.blogspot.com/2007/03/themroc.html


33.DREAMS NEVER DIE (B+) – TIFFANY
--If love is blind
--These arms of mine


34.I FOUND LOVE (1995, B+) – BANANARAMA
--Take me to your heart
--Time Out


35.THE HAMPSTERDANCE ALBUM (2000, B-) – HAMPTON THE HAMPSTER
--A Hampster’s life
--Spin the wheel

No comments: