Friday, October 31, 2008

WHAT IF POJ ARNON REMAKES THE ANGELIC CONVERSATION?

FILMS SEEN ON THURSDAY

1.THE ANGELIC CONVERSATION (1985, Derek Jarman, UK, A+++++)

This is a vision of heaven, a vision of love. However, I may like this film less than other films of Jarman, because it’s difficult for me to feel connected to the feeling of “love”, while it’s easier for me to feel connected to the feeling of “anger”, which is presented in JUBILEE.

Sometimes I imagine what it would be like if Poj Arnon remake this film, casting Bank Hemangkorn and Peerawat Herabut, setting in Lumpini Park. Hahaha.


2.SELL OUT (2008, Yeo Joon Han, Malaysia, A)

I think this film is full of brilliant, interesting, and funny ideas. However, I don’t particularly like this kind of comedy. I also have a problem like this when I saw MAI FAH THE SABULAKUI (2007, Eaksit Sompetch, A+). I think these two films try to make me laugh too much. As for the type of comedy I like, I think I prefer the style of JAY (2008, Francis Xavier Pasion, Philippines, A+).


3.THE PAST (2007, Hector Babenco, Brazil, A)

This film is full of interesting female characters, though I would have liked this film more if the film was a melodrama, not a drama like this. I would love to see all these female characters interact with each other, not just interact with the hero.


4.COMING SOON (2008, Sophon Sakdaphisit, Thailand, outside the festival, A-/B+)

The film is not scary, though I like several ideas or scenes in the film, such as the repeated scene. I think this film treats its characters better than THE SCREEN AT KAMCHANOD (2007, Songsak Mongkolthong, B+), and the film is more coherent than CUT (2000, Kimble Rendall), which is also about a haunted film.

No comments: