Monday, December 15, 2008

FILMSICK'S LIST AND THE PROBLEM OF KELLY CHEN

Filmsick has made his 20 FAVORITE ACTRESSES list. You can see his list here:
http://filmsick.exteen.com/20081214/my-20-favorite-actresses

I tried to comment in his blog, but his blog system defines me as a spam, so I think I should just comment on his list here:

Thank you very much for your list, Filmsick. It’s good to see Mink Stole, Edith Massey, Kati Outinen and Sarah Polley in your list. It’s surprising to see Rose McGowan. I think she is an underrated actress. I just started to like her after seeing PLANET TERROR and DEATH PROOF. I have forgotten that there’s an actress called Kelly Chen. I think she is a fine actress, but I hope she will get some better roles in the future. I always pay all my attention to the “actors” in her films, not the actress. I think you choose the right picture to describe Kelly Chen or the problem of Kelly Chen. She is good, but many people wil look at Takeshi Kaneshiro in the picture, instead of looking at her.

Some films of Kelly Chen:

1.ANNA MAGDALENA (1998, Yee Chung Man, A-), starring Aaron Kwok and Takeshi Kaneshiro

2.METADE FUMACA (1999, Yip Kam-Hung, A-), starring Eric Tsang and Nicholas Tse

3.INFERNAL AFFAIRS (2002, Lau Wei-keung + Mak Siu Fai, A), starring Tony Leung and Andy Lau

4.BREAKING NEWS (2004, Johnny To, A+/A)
I think she gets the best role in this one, and Maggie Siu also stars in this film, but I think I am impressed the most with the story in this film, and haven’t paid enough attention to the acting.

5.AN EMPRESS AND THE WARRIORS (2008, Ching Siu-tung, A-)
I paid my attention to Guo Xiaodong in this film.


Kelly Chen and Takeshi Kaneshiro (from Filmsick’s blog)
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3061/3109920015_ddc39fa678_o.jpg

Guo Xiaodong
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3258/3109920011_a7cd741f57_o.jpg






No comments: