Friday, February 04, 2011

L L P (2011, Wichanon Somumjarn, A++++++++++)

Films I saw in the Postcard Cinema project:

4.L L P (2011, Wichanon Somumjarn, A++++++++++)

The first scene of this film shows three men wearing Che Guevara's t-shirts playing football or takraw together. The second scene shows a glimpse of sunrise or something like that from the window of an airplane. The third scene shows the painting LIBERTY LEADING THE PEOPLE (1830) by Eugène Delacroix and ends with the light flickering on the top of a museum. I think the title of this film refers to the title of the painting.

I think this is one of the most optimistic films I have ever seen. It fits a pessimistic person like me. Liberty and Freedom. That's what I wish for. That's what I hope for. That's what I dream for. But after such cases as the banning of the film INSECTS IN THE BACKYARD (2010, Tanwarin Sukkhapisit, A+++++), I doubt if I will ever have liberty and freedom in this hopeless country in this lifetime.



No comments: